Top 10 meal hacks Pre and Post pregnancy
Top 10 meal hacks pre and post pregnancy
So you’re expecting a new baby or just had one. How do you keep up with the demands of your new addition? Here are some nutrition tips to help you through the early days:
- Get prepared by cooking meals and freezing them in advance, as well as coming up with a meal plan to keep you on track when baby arrives.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated, produce milk and to prevent headaches, fatigue and untrue hunger.
- Eat nutritionally dense meals and snacks so you don’t reach for junk.
- Stick to lean proteins like wild, cold-water fish, organic chicken and tofu or tempeh.
- Incorporate a good quality protein powder into your routine like morning smoothies, oatmeal, energy balls and general baking to ensure proper intake.
Cont. Top 10 meal hacks for Pre and Post pregnancy
6. Make sure to get healthy fats in to help with energy and to help you feel satiated including avocados, butter, coconut and/or flax oil.
7. Eat complex carbohydrates like sweet potatoes, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and millet.
8. Moms who are trying to increase milk supply can eat organic certified gluten free oats daily for breakfast or in the form of a lactation cookie to help things along.
9. Consume bone broth to help with healing, boost the immune system and provide additional minerals and vitamins as well as hydration.
10. Avoid refined sugars that you find in many packaged foods like high fructose corn syrup or plain old sugar. These items will spike your blood sugar, leaving you feeling hungry and moody.
These are just a few of the things you can try to make life that much easier.
If you have any questions please fell free to call or email, I do offer 15 minute free consultations, I’d be happy to help you through any transition.