Circle of Security Parenting™
- Wednesdays, January 12 to March 2 , 2022 7:00-8:30 p.m
- An 8 week online program
- Space is limited to 6 participants
Official COSP Certificate of Attendance is available upon completion of the course.
Who is this 8-week course for:
- Parents/caregivers of children 6 months – 8 years of age, wanting to have a deeper understanding of their child’s needs and behaviours and wanting to participate and reflect in an online small group setting
- Parents/caregivers who are struggling with parental stress or feeling stuck and looking for connection-based solutions
- Parents/caregivers wanting to be proactive by learning the necessary steps to secure attachment
What Will I Learn:
- The foundations of attachment with a user friendly Circle of Security Parenting™ map to help you understand your child’s needs
- How to understand and support your child in organizing their emotions
- How to recognize and reflect upon parental triggers
What is Circle of Security Parenting™
Circle of Security Parenting™ is a reflective parenting program based on decades of research on how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened
The evidence-based program runs for eight weeks to allow time to explore and practice the foundational concepts
Participants are invited to reflect and share their experiences with the gentle guidance of two Registered Circle of Security Parenting facilitators
Circle of Security Parenting™ is not counselling, however it is a parenting reflection class that offers a non-judgemental, safe space for reflecting and learning
To learn more, please view this short, introductory video
Full refunds are available 15 or more days prior to the class starting. date otherwise non-refundable.
“I found this course enriching and extremely informative”.
Joanne Smyth, is a Registered Circle of Security® Parenting™ Facilitator and a teacher (OCT) with a background in early childhood, elementary and special education. She is also a developmental movement educator.
Joanne loves to share resources with parents to help them better understand and support their child as they grow and develop. She continues to further her training in the area of parenting and child development to add to her toolbox. To learn more about Joanne you can read her bio on our website.
Teacher OCT, B.A.A. in Early Childhood Education, Diploma in Child Studies, Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator, Licensed Brain Gym Instructor/Consultant, Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Consultant
Susan Varga is a Registered Early Childhood Educator and Registered Circle of Security® Parenting™ Facilitator running COSP parenting classes for over 9 years.
She is an Infant Massage Instructor ( IAIM) since 2005 helping parents form a secure connection with their baby starting early in life. She also holds a Certificate in Infant Mental Health from York University with a solid foundation of parenting information through the Science of Child Development.
RECE, Registered COSP Facilitator, Registered Infant Massage Instructor(IAIM)
Stay in touch
Join our newsletter mailing list today