Katrina is passionate about integrative collaborative healthcare practices that address the underlying cause of her patient’s concerns and symptoms. Katrina graduated from Brock University in 2012 after completing her B.A in Speech and Language Sciences. After pursuing a post-graduate degree in Communicative Disorders, she found a passion in Orofacial Myology, receiving training from the AOMT and IAOM. To further her understanding of whole body health, she continued her education in dental health and is a Registered Dental Hygienist. Katrina’s focus is on early intervention and the outcomes of chronic mouth breathing on the whole body. Her goal is to continue to work to bridge the gap between speech, swallowing and dental health through her practice and ongoing education. Katrina works part time as an RDH in St, Jacobs, as well as in a private Swallowing, Voice and Speech Rehab clinic in Brampton as a Myofunctional Therapy Provider and Communicative Disorders Assistant.
Katrina Basso, B.A., RDH, CDA, Reg. CDAAC
Myofunctional Therapy Provider
Myofunctional therapy is a practice that focuses on the retraining of the muscles of the face and mouth using highly effective exercises that focus on restoring proper tongue rest position, improving one’s breathing, sleep, swallowing and orofacial posture.
What to expect in treatment
- Thorough assessment and family history + addressing any underlying issues that need to be corrected ( ex: tongue/lip tie)
- Eliminating any poor oral habits present
- A patient specific treatment program that works on restoring/improving muscle strength, mobility and function
- Restoring nasal breathing
- Correcting improper swallowing and speech patterns
- Correcting chronic mouth breathing during sleeping hours
Stay in touch
Join our newsletter mailing list today