Therapy or counselling is the process of working with a trained professional to:
- Develop resiliency
- Create positive coping
- Develop stress management skills
- To treat mental health issues such as trauma, anxiety, or depression
This work can include:
- “talk therapy” where history and challenges are explored
- Old thought patterns are examined, and feelings or experiences are validated.
- It can also include skill building and resources through the discussion of Mindfulness or Cognitive Behavioural approaches.