Therapy or counselling is the process of working with a trained professional to develop resiliency, positive coping and stress management skills, or to treat mental health issues such as trauma, anxiety, or depression.
The work can include “talk therapy” where history and challenges are explored, old thought patterns are examined, and feelings or experiences are validated. It can also include skill building and resources through the discussion of Mindfulness or Cognitive Behavioural approaches.
- Feelings of anxiety or depression during your pregnancy or postpartum
- Having a birth experience that was traumatic
- Not enjoying motherhood/parenting as much as you would like
- Feelings of burnout/stress that won’t go away and are interfering with your ability to be the parent/spouse you want to be
- Feelings Disconnection, Overwhelm, Isolation & Fear, and an Inability to move forward
- Decrease in feelings of anxiety, depression, frustration, anger, and fear
- Developing a “tool kit” of resources for parenting, your relationship, times of stress/unhappiness
- Greater enjoyment of motherhood/parenting & increased confidence in your own intuition
- Have a birth/postpartum experience that feels empowering and not traumatizing
- Positive relational change within the couple or self
- Resilience building, Communication enhancement
Ashley Mariani is a registered clinical social worker providing psychotherapy to couples who are looking to enhance their relationships with one another. Ashley specializes in Perinatal Mental Health, Relationship and Sexual Enhancement, Personal Development and Psycho Education. From preconception to processing changes after birth, Ashley offers a safe space for growth and attachment building.
Jessica Barnes is a Clinical Social Worker who specializes in Maternal Mental Health. She is a Postpartum Doula student, and mom to a busy two year old son. With over ten years of experience working with parents and families during difficult times, people choose to work with Jessica for her compassion, empathy, and humour. She loves seeing clients build resiliency, gain confidence, and truly enjoy parenting. Jessica is trained in the therapeutic approaches that research shows help people the most.
Stay in touch
Join our newsletter mailing list today