A lactation consultant (IBCLC) is a healthcare provider that is trained to assess, examine, counsel and treat breastfeeding parents and their breastfeeding babies/children. An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) has passed a fully accredited, rigorous 4-hour examination set by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBCLE). Prerequisites for the board examination include thousands of hours of clinical work and dozens of educational credits in Anatomy & Physiology, Cultural Diversity, Psychology & Counseling, Child Development, Nutrition, among others. The IBCLE certification is recognized as the Gold Standard for health professionals working with breastfeeding women. I use the latest evidence and clinical protocols to inform my care. I work with families that are looking for education, support, reassurance and advice. I work with moms who supplement, exclusively pump, exclusively breastfeed and everything in between. I support breastfeeding families at any stage of lactation – from pregnancy to toddlerhood and beyond.
- I support clients with breastfeeding challenges such as tongue-tie, nipple pain, baby’s weight gain concerns, latching issues, low milk supply, inverted nipples, and mastitis/clogged ducts.
- I support parents and provide education on herbs, expressing/storing your milk, using a bottle, using a nipple shield, tandem feeding, returning to work, feeding multiples, starting solids and weaning.
- Supporting prenatally in preparation after birth on common concerns and how to address, basics of breastfeeding, what to expect the first few days after birth
- Education on expressing breastmilk (pump or hand expression), milk storage, proper use of tools in breastfeeding such as nipple shields, bottle feeding support, and returning to work
- Working with clients prenatally to discuss breastfeeding basics, so they are prepared and supported before their baby arrives.
- Clients leave feeling listened to, empowered, supported, and knowledgeable on steps to take so they can mitigate any breastfeeding issues or challenges.
- Establish and sustain empowerment and confidence in their breastfeeding journey.
- Clients leave with a sense of relief knowing they are supported via text and email after each visit and have the opportunity to book a follow-up appointment at any time
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, BScN, RPN, IBCLCView More Book an appointment
I aspire to give mums the confidence and support to help through their breastfeeding journey. As a mother of two, I had my fair share of breastfeeding challenges, from tongue ties to latch difficulties. I know how challenging but rewarding this journey can be. With the right resources and support, breastfeeding can be extraordinary between mum and baby.
Stay in touch
Join our newsletter mailing list today