Shiatsu is a physical therapy that supports and strengthens the body’s natural ability to heal and balance itself. It works on the physical body, as well as on a level that benefits psychological, emotional and spiritual well-being. Shiatsu originated from Japan from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) with influences from more recent Western therapies. Although shiatsu means “finger pressure” in Japanese, in practice a practitioner uses touch, comfortable pressure and manipulative techniques to adjust the body’s physical structure and balance its energy flow.
- Stress management
- Promotes health in pregnancy
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Shiatsu aids anxiety and irritability
- Receivers remain fully clothed
- Able to work with receivers on a traditional mat, massage table, chair, hospital bed or wheelchair
- Diagnosing and treating occurs at the same time
- Common feedback is that receivers feel relaxed and energized at the same time
With various experiences to draw on Carlotta Trenholm offers her curiosity, mother’s touch and intuitive insight to diagnosis and treat the root cause of.
Since graduating from the Shiatsu School of Canada’s 2200-hour Shiatsu Therapy program in 2009 Carlotta has held practice in clinics, at events and in the homes of her clients
Her past Toronto clinics included: Celina Ainsworth’s The Herbal Dispensary, Spiritwind Internal Arts with Dylan Kirk and Toronto Community Acupuncture with co-owners Brenna Lewis and Naomi Frank.
Carlotta’s clients have come from all walks of life including teachers, musicians, small business owners, shift workers, seniors and students.
Stay in touch
Join our newsletter mailing list today